Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How to Deal..... Urrrggghhh!!!

Dear Ask 3 Guys,

I have a co-worker who is a great friend. She seems, at times, to say a lot without thinking. She also has a way of wording things completely wrong. In passing, she said things about one of my childhood friends. It got back to her then me. I confronted her, and she got very upset and said she was going lose me and my friend as friends. Explaining what she meant, I believe her. The other friend believes the one who told her. Now, I cannot get my two close friends together, and I feel weird when I talk about work to the other. Being that the other comes up in the stories. In anger, when confronted, she text the source and he let my other friend read it all. Did I say she words things with out thinking? So, there is no explaining to the childhood friend. How do i deal with the situation? I work with one and see the other a lot. And how do I have any gatherings if i can't get them in same place?

Thanks.

--Rock and a Hard Place
****************************

Dear Rock and a Hard Place,

Ronnie's Take:

We deal with stupid situations all the time. My friends' circle is laughable with all the drama. People take things in life so personal when it usually isn't. You must get the her who made the statement to communicate with the other friend. Then you did NOTHING wrong. Talk about what you want with each one. Invite both of them to go to events and let them sort the stupidness out. Don't play into the drama. Move the conversation elsewhere as they complain about the stupid drama. LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR DRAMA PEOPLE!!!!!!! People do and say things to make them happy in the moment. How can you fault someone for that? It wasn't personal. Ask yourself, have you done and said things you didn't mean or make something major that really wasn't that important to you?

--Ronnie
***************

Victor's Take:

It would seem that your friend that says things without thinking and who also words things completely wrong would appear to be the problem. I'm not saying launch her, but - talk to her. Let her know - "Hey, you are off base sometimes. I love you, but...." Maybe, just maybe you can get the two of them in a room together and get them talking. The first sentence is always the hardest, the rest - always flows nice and easy after that.

Isn't it amazing how much drama we have in the world and - 80% of the time, it is over absolutely nothing?

There is your question back...

I hope it works out.

--Victor
*************

Eddie's Take:

Oh my God! You are actually worrying yourself with this bullshit. I am so sick of hearing about people fighting over he said- she said bullshit. You did nothing wrong. They need to get over it. Just be yourself, and if they can't get along, oh well.

It's like when someone cuts you off in traffic. You can be pissed all you want. You can flip them off. You can do whatever you want. Guess what? They are still driving as carefree as they were when they cut you off. What I'm saying is don't get your panties in a bunch behind something that is out of your control. Worry about the things that you have direct control over. Two people's miscommunication and bullshit is not your problem.

I have seen this over and over again, and it is a damn shame that people act like they are in grade school.

Tell them that you are not going to entertain this, and if they have a problem, they need to fix it.

UUUrrggghh..... how to deal is right!

I'm out--

--Eddie
**************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask 3 Guys welcomes your feedback, so tell us what you think...