Friday, October 30, 2009

O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?

Dear Ask 3 Guys,

First of all, I wanted to say that I really enjoy visiting your site. Thank you for introducing me to the wonders of GoGirl! Not sure if I want to use it, but it's nice to know it's out there! I also read the Top 10 Things Every Man Needs to Know. Regarding Victor's Rule #2: Instead of a bar, try spending time at Starbucks, Whole Foods, or even the Mall to meet women. Would you also say this would be a good place for a woman to meet a man? Whenever I'm in Starbucks, Whole Foods, or the Mall, and I see an attractive guy, I think either he's busy or attached. I agree that a bar is not an ideal meeting spot, but usually it's easier to start a conversation there. What are your thoughts on a woman approaching a man who might be busy shopping? Is that too bold? I look forward to your answer and I'm also a fan of Ask 3 Guys on FaceBook.

--Juliet
*******************

Dear Juliet,

Ronnie's Take:

It would be refreshing. Come off very soft as though it's not normal for you, but as though you are working on your openness. Did that make sense? LOL You have nothing to lose and probably would never see the person again... unless he was interested too!

--Ronnie
****************

Victor's Take:


Go for it!!! A few things...

A man's ego needs to be stroked, even in the lightest ways. See him looking at a product on the shelf? Walk up and ask him a question about that or something that you picked up. "Excuse me, have you ever tried _____ before?"
You want his opinion and value it = ego stroke!

A guy at a bookstore or a coffee shop reading a book, "Excuse me, I was thinking about picking that book up. I have heard some good things. What do you think about it?"

It's easier to start a conversation at a bar because we are all buzzing and our defenses are down.

Look, I think I am very confident person. My friend told me one time, "You make coffee nervous." Another offered this opinion, "You have more game then Milton Bradley." I'm STILL a little nervous anytime I approach a woman! I think this fear is mostly unwarranted, back from your school days when kids were just mean to kids. Today, people - men and women both, don't want to be mean to each other. So, chances are, even if that stranger you approached wasn't really into you, they don't want to be mean. Take a chance!

Good luck to you!

--Vic
*************

Eddie's Take:


First, thanks for your kind words. We are glad that you have enjoyed our responses. And, as far as the GoGirl, I would keep it at arm's length.

In response to your question, of course you should attempt to strike up a conversation with someone that you would like to meet. As people, some of us fear rejection; however, that is more likely in the male species. The good thing about you approaching a man is that is what we would love. Far too often, guys have no clue if a woman is into them, so it would be a nice surprise for guys to get noticed. I seriously doubt that you would get any negative feedback. And, who knows, you may end up with a lifelong friend... or even more.

--Eddie
**************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask 3 Guys welcomes your feedback, so tell us what you think...