Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My friends are doing too many drugs

Dear Ask 3 Guys,

This one is killing me painfully as I type these very words. I have two friends who I added to myspace a while back. I've been watching over them a lot, I don't know why I do this, it's not really my place to interfere with other peoples lives, I only step in the extreme cases where I have to, but I feel helpless to this . I am very protective over people and I guess compassion is just in my nature and I really want to help them. They are both 18, young girls doing all the things i did when I was their age a few years ago, which scares me. I've seen photos of them clearly high on "e"-- the drug that had me in my death bed when i was 18, and also killed a friend I know personally. They are both beautiful, immature and taking risks and it tears me up inside to see it. Hand on heart, I wouldn't wish my experiences on anyone, I just feel helpless...

Concerned Comrade
*******************

Dear Concerned Comrade,

Ronnie's Take:

Share your experiences, but open up with you're not judging them and enjoy their friendship, but you would like to share your past experiences with them. Give them things to look out for and signs that you know they will see that will trigger bad memories of the drug experience. Something that will make them go whoa this is going bad. Being high can be fun, but at what cost? Many people don't see the cost.You must share with them. You should know what triggers them and how to manipulate them to view things differently. Good Luck!!


--Ronnie

Victor's Take:

All you can do is share with them your stories and tell them how you feel...
As helpless as that feels, that is really all that you can do. Everyone has to live their own lives and make their own decisions - even the bad ones. Sometimes, I see my friends make bad decisions, and I try and counsel and advise them as best I can. Sometimes, they listen, and other times my advice falls on deaf ears.

Another option - you could chose to not speak with them anymore - as a sign that you do not approve of their behavior. But, that is completely up to you.

--Victor

Eddie's Take:

When I was younger, I dabbled into many of the same types of things, and there was nothing anyone could tell me to change. We all go through a stage where we think we have it all figured out. Of course, later on in life, we realize how ignorant we were. At this time, there is nothing you can tell them to make them stop. You can express your feelings to them, but they are at the age where they think they are all grown up. 18 to the early 20's is the age of rebellion. That's when we take it upon ourselves to figure life out. Nothing anyone tells us will change what we want to do. Did you listen to people when you were 18? It probably took a friend's death to open up your eyes. Hopefully, it doesn't go that far with these girls.

All you can do is keep them in your thoughts and prayers. If they value your friendship, maybe you can walk away from them for a while. That may send a signal to them, but I doubt it. I have lived that life, and I was not concerned with the thoughts of my family and friends.

Good luck. I think they'll grow out of it.

--Eddie

1 comment:

  1. If you want to hack and gain access to Cell phone..END TO END ENCRYPTION...or phone password, or you want to know what your partner does with his phone,you want to track his/her..GPS PHONE TRACKER....know what your kids do online,read their emails without them knowing,unlock that device your partner hides things in.Contact "hackingloop6@ gmail . com", text or call him on + 1 (612) 502-3647.I promised him that I will share this online for people needing hacking assistance.

    ReplyDelete

Ask 3 Guys welcomes your feedback, so tell us what you think...