Saturday, February 21, 2009

Was I too hard on him?

Dear Ask 3 Guys,

I recently broke up with a guy because I felt that my feelings for him weren't going anywhere. He says he loves me and cares about me, but I can't give him the love he wants back because I only like him as a friend. I told him the truth, but I feel really bad for hurting him.... does it mean anything?? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I just feel really bad.

Just Wondering
***************

Dear Just Wondering,

Victor's Take:

It means that you are a human being and you have feelings. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing the you around 18 years old, or maybe even a little younger. You are going to break a few more hearts. I want to say that I am seriously impressed and commend you on your honesty. I wish I would have been a little more honest as a younger man.

He will recover and move on eventually. This I promise you.

Focus on school and yourself; guys are going to come and go.

Good luck!


--Victor

Ronnie's Take:

It means you are a nice person with a good heart. None of us would want to disappoint a friend. Doing the right thing is sometimes painful, but you did the right thing.

--Ronnie

Eddie's Take:

In a break-up, there are always feelings that are going to be hurt. It is what it is. You cannot live your life making decisions that will not hurt other people's feelings. If you do that, then you are going to sell yourself short. You can't please everyone. You have to do what is best for you, and just understand that people will have to deal with it. Never force yourself to stay in a situation in an effort to spare someone emotional discomfort. If the shoe were on the other foot, do you think he would be concerned?

If he can't take the friendship, then oh well. You can only offer what you are willing to give him.

Good luck, and keep being honest... it is an admirable trait.

--Eddie


1 comment:

  1. I was cheated on and forgave also but it totally destroyed me and my self esteem. I don't believe some people realize the depth of pain this causes. I will never fully trust my spouse again and that's heartbreaking to me. I caught her cheating with the help of a Spy App that was sent to me by a cyber programmer {hackingloop6 @ gmail . com}.That's after several cheating suspicions and denial that I decided to go through finding. I truly hope to get over it. It's a rough road to travel recovering from an affair. I also hope that she learned something and never does it again at least for our kids sake..{hackingloop} is also reachable on WhatsApp + 1 484 540- 0785,contact him if you feel your spouse might be cheating on U.

    ReplyDelete

Ask 3 Guys welcomes your feedback, so tell us what you think...