Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What to buy for Valentine's Day?

Dear Ask 3 Guys,

What do men really want as a gift from their wife/girlfriend for Valentine's Day?

Clueless
*******

Dear Clueless,

Victor's Take:

Some of the best gifts I ever got for Valentine's Day were the simple thoughtful ones. I know, it sounds likes the ultimate cliché but it is absolutely true in my case. I still have handmade cards, pictures, letters that I will never let go of and will treasure forever. One year, a woman that I was dating sent me a Bird of Paradise (my favorite) flower arrangement to my work. Not only did it catch me off guard, I also really enjoyed it.

You probably have a good idea of what your husband/boyfriend is really interested in. Golf, LSU football, cigars... gift certificates sound less thoughtful, but again I think men believe the opposite. A $50 gift certificate to Tinderbox would make my day.

Finally, if I got home from work and my favorite wine was open, with my favorite meal on the table, and you were wearing nothing but a sexy piece of lingerie... I'm coming home with flowers once a month for the next 12 months and I'm not going to forget to take out the garbage ever again.

But that's just me.

According to About.com, the Top 8 for men gift ideas for Valentine's Day:

1) I Pod
2) Quality watch (this I would love, I'm a watch fanatic)
3) Digital Camcorder
4) Universal Remote
5) Power Towels
6) LCD/Plasma TV
7) New Wallet (every guy needs one)
8) Gift certificate to his favorite store

I hope this helps!


--Victor

Eddie's Take:

I heard an awesome idea just the other day. It's a Beer of the Month club. What guy wouldn't think this was the coolest gift. He will actually receive a new beer each month for the entire year. Visit http://www.beermonthclub.com/ to check it out. You can order by phone or over the internet. This is definitely a non-cliche gift.

Here's a few more ideas:

-Cologne is always a good choice. Here's a few top sellers: Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani, Ed Hardy by Christian Audigie, Cool Water for men by Davidoff, Paul Sebastian for men by Paul Sebastian, Curve by Liz Claiborne, and Angel Men by Thierry Mugler. I haven't tried all of these, but, first, make sure you know what type of cologne prefers (soft scent, clean scent, musky, etc.), then you can narrow down your choices. Or, perhaps, he already has a favorite.

-Gadgets are always cool. I just bought a Logitech universal remote, and I love it. My wife doesn't quite understand the fascination, but it is really cool to me. Maybe an iPod, or a new game for his PS3...

-Or, buy him something that he can use for one of his hobbies. If he likes hunting or fishing, get him a gift card to Cabella's. If he plays golf, get him a new glove, some balls, and some tees. Just try to find out what kind of balls he has. (You may have to look in his golf bag.)

Hope this helps.

--Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask 3 Guys welcomes your feedback, so tell us what you think...