Thursday, March 5, 2009

Can't get this guy out of my head

Dear Ask 3 Guys,

When I was 16, I met this guy about 6 years older than me. We continued to see each other off and on for about 6 years. I guess you could say he pretty much turned me out. We had mind blowing sex and an amazing connection. (mentally, physically, and emotionally) Eventually some unique circumstances finally ended the relationship for good. Since, we have both moved on to have our own lives, including kids and spouses, we have not seen or spoken to each other in about 5 years. However, I cant seem to stop thinking about him and about us. Do guys have these same thoughts or is it more out of sight out of mind?

Nostalgia
*********

Dear Nostalgia,

Ronnie's Take:

I think but will I again? Yes, it is perfectly normal to have thoughts of the good times of days past. Make sure it's healthy though and not wrecking your relationships of today. You both moved on for reasons and seem to have done what was needed. Enjoy the good memories with a smile on your face and work on improving your new goals and relationships.

--Ronnie
-------------

Victor's Take:

I think everyone has that "one" - that one person that we connected with on every level. The sex was great, the chemistry phenomenal, etc. I know I did, and I am sure that most people reading this do too. I have good news for you. You get past it. There will be a time in the future where you will not think about him nearly as often as you do now. Furthermore, you might actually run into this man again down the road and something funny is going to happen. The shine, the luster - the high regard that you currently hold him is going to lessen.

Other great people are going to come into your life. Make sure your heart and mind are open so that you can allow them in.

--Victor
------------

Eddie's Take:

Chances are, if the relationship was that phenomenal, he probably reminisces about you once in a while as well. I know many people that have moved on, but they have phases when they can't get "the one" out of their head. The person ends up consuming their thoughts, as well as their dreams. What makes us reflect on the past? I wish I knew the answer to that. Our memories are like a giant scrapbook that stores the high times and low times of our lives. Every once in a while, we flip through the pages to reflect on our journey.

As far as your case goes, all I can say is that you should be thankful for the memories, and, if destiny prevails, your paths may end up crossing again.

It is just normal to wonder what could have happened. We all make decisions in our lives that are a result of bad timing.

--Eddie
-----------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask 3 Guys welcomes your feedback, so tell us what you think...