Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Victim of a Two-Faced Fake Friend

Dear Ask 3 Guys,

A friend of mine became very upset with me over something petty and decided to be two-faced instead of telling me straight up that she no longer wished to be friends. When I confronted her about this she instantly said f*&$ me, f*&$ my husband and then said f&$* my children,calling them the seeds of the devil! I DO NOT ACCEPT ANYONE SPEAKING THIS WAY AGAINST MY CHILDREN! I found it very immature of her. My question is,why would anyone bring someone's children into an argument? I just don't understand! I'm hoping that you and/or your readers could help me shed some sort of light on this and help me see why she would say such a thing against innocent children. Thanks so much!

No Longer a Friend
******************

Dear No Longer a Friend,

Victor's Take:

When people are upset, they sometimes say things that are absurd, make no sense, are hurtful, etc. Does that make it ok? Absolutely not. Hopefully, by the time we post this answer your friend will have called and apologized for saying what she said. If not, she might have done you a big favor. Saying these things ended your friendship; who wants people in their life that would say such things? I know I would not.

--Victor
********

Ronnie's Take:

People lash out for many reasons. Her anger was not directed at your kids; it was directed to hurt you. Name-calling never helps any argument I have ever seen, in fact, it hurts and makes it worse. If you care about each other reach out to her. Ask her what did you do to deserve that kind of attack. Apologize for anything you might have done to make her react that way. These are ways of defusing the situation and maybe continuing the friendship. There are also times when it is best to walk away from a friendship. Make sure you make an effort to communicate and offer an olive breach of peace. This will make you feel better about yourself in the long run.

--Ronnie
*********

Eddie's Take:

This sounds like she really crossed the line. I am surprised you didn't smack her in the face. When people are hurt, they often lash out with things that they know will get to you. Bringing your kids in the mix is totally ludicrous. If I was you, I would forget she existed. She sounds totally immature and hateful.

I really can't add anything else to this. Kids are innocent, and only a foolish person would say something like that.

--Eddie
********

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask 3 Guys welcomes your feedback, so tell us what you think...